LifeCam not working on 64-bit Build 7100

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by newfie912, Jun 5, 2009.

1. newfie912

newfie912 New Member

I have a Microsoft LifeCam VX-7000 which worked on ther Windows 7 32-bit beta. I did a clean install of the Windows 7 64-bit RC (build 7100) and the cam does not work. I have installed the latest (version 2.91.139.0) Windows 7 beta drivers from MIcrosoft but the cam still does not work. When I attempt to run the LifeCam application it says "Connecting" and then "Initialization Error...".

I am running on a Gigabyte mother board with an Intel E-5200 dual core processor, 4 GB RAM, and a Radeon HD 4850.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

don

2. Radenight

Radenight New Member

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

Sounds like a driver issue.. ;) You said you installed the latest beta drivers from Microsoft.. were those specifically for your cam? Or were those just updates through Windows Update?

3. newfie912

newfie912 New Member

The drivers were not from Windows Update. I went here "http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx" and installed the latest webcam drivers. It appears that one installer is used for all the MicroSoft LifeCam webcams. Thanks for your reply

don

4. rcochen

rcochen New Member

Lifecam VX-6000

I've installed the latest driver from Microsoft for Lifecam VX-6000- for 32 and 64 bit. Despite that the webcam is not functioning. I get an "Initialization error" notice when I try to open the program. Very frustrating. Any ideas.