Limited Access/connectivity

So I've been searching all over on this forum to see if I can find a solution to fixing my internet. I just received my new laptop a lenovo Ideapad y550 yesterday. I can't seem to connect to the wireless. It shows limited access. I also can not receive internet when I connect the LAN ethernet cable which I find odd. I am pretty computer illiterate so I would appreciate any advice.

I have D Link wireless router
Intel<R> Wifi Link 5100 AGN
Broadcom NetLink <TM> Gigabit Ethernet

I ran ipconfig /all and I don't understand a thing I need to do. I'll give whatever feedback necessary as I will be checking back to this forum occasionally throughout the day.

I believe all my drivers are up-to-date. There was a suggestion to get rid of a Bonjour service, but either I can't find it or I don't have it. Bottom line I have absolutely no idea what is the cause of why I don't have internet. I just need somebody to start pointing me in the right direction as reading suggestions all over the forum is just confusing me more :frown:

reghakr

Essential Member
is the wireless router near the computer?

Try this, ho to Start > Run,. and type cmd, Now type ping google.com

My average is about 45ms,'

what is tours.

Try it both on wired and wireless.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.