Windows 7 Limited access

Trinity Bird

I just bought a samsung from Bestbuy today and just finished setting it up. I'm having trouble accessing the internet no matter what network I use. Here's what I've done so far:
Plugged in USB to get into the secured home network. Tried several times with nothing happening
Went to main computer and got the network key
Typed in network key wrong first time. Had to retype it correctly at least five times before it accepted. It connects but it says "limited access"
Connected to an unsecured network only to get the same message. This is all wireless

Here's what the computer has:
64bit OS
4GB RAM
500GB Hard Drive
Intel (R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M40 2.67GHz Processor
Marvell Yukon 88E8059 family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

What is wrong? How can I connect to the internet through the computer?

I ran the Easy Network Manager and it gave me this:
[Device Name:Marvell Yukon 88E8059 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller]
The internet cable is not connected

[Internet connection]
The internet is disconnected. Diagnosing...

[ Device Name:Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter ]
No response from the gateway and DNS server. Check address of each server.

Last edited:
Hi Trinity,
I merged your posts to save confusion.

It sounds like your missing the software necessary to connect wirelessly? Your ISP may have a download or given you a disk for the related software.

Hi Trinity,
I merged your posts to save confusion.

It sounds like your missing the software necessary to connect wirelessly? Your ISP may have a download or given you a disk for the related software.
But it works fine on the other computer. Could it still be my ISP?

But it works fine on the other computer. Could it still be my ISP?
It could, unless your other computer is identical in all respects, then you are not comparing apples and apples.
Have you tried the wired ethernet adapter just to narrow the issue down to the wireless connection?
Have you tried the laptop at another location, friends, neighbors, relatives, coffee shop or other hotspot, to perhaps zero in on your wireless router?
Manufacturer name, model name, model number and rev number of both adapters may help us provide further assistance regarding a possible driver update.
You may also want to check the router manufacturer's website and see if they have a firmware update that might address the problem. They often include release notes with specific information regarding what the fix contains.

Back
Top Bottom