Windows 7 Limited connectivity..

Lucy Harris

My laptop won't connect to the internet, it used to connect just fine but it suddenly stopped and just connect to the livebox but with 'limited connectivity' I've tried updated the drivers but that didn't help. Other laptops connect to it just fine, anyone have any idea what's wrong with it? It works with an ethernet cable, just not wireless

Last edited:
Try "troubleshooting Problems" by right clicking network icon in notification area.

Hard reset your modem - there should be a small black button somewhere, which will need a small nitting needle or similar, just a click for a couple of seconds. At the same time, reset your ISP modem - that'll be mounted on one of your inner walls, I would imagine. Now return to your laptop and reset the inernet button. Wait for it to settle down and log off and on again.

Why all this. It may not work, but it is a common disease. Your router (Live box) has misunderstood a new IP address from your laptop, and needs to reset itself again and exchange the info with the ISP. You may have to do it a couple of times over a few days , but it will eventually settle down again.
Hope it works for you!

Hi

I know this sounds dumb but it you still have a problem after doing the suggested fixes, try turning off and then back on the button on the key board that switches the wireless off and on.

It's usually on the top row on the left side someplace on a Dell.

My wifes laptop does this a lot. The first time I went buggy trying to get it to work again.
I rebooted, reset the connection in network sharing, I turned the router on and off and it wouldn't connect with connectivity.

My nephew happed to call while I was working on it and said, "Have you tried using the button to turn the wireless off and back on?", I didn't even know there was one!

So I did, and it started working again instantly.
Since then it's done this several times and sometimes I have to turn it off and on several times but it does get it working again after on or two tries.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom