Windows Vista Links not working for me

emorytech

I saw a link to download the sp1 rtm in the blogs section. All it does is just take me back to the home page of this website. Am I doing something wrong?

We still believe that 1840 is the RTM build for Service Pack 1. The Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) was updated recently and refers to this build number as the RTM build that was released to manufacturers on Monday.

Shortly after we put the files up for download, our server was slammed with hundreds of thousands of download requests and crashed last night, even after we made some changes. We had no choice but to pull the files temporarily, until we can get them back up on a seperate mirror, if that is even possible.

I will let you know what we can do about getting the files back online. Since SP1 is a free update that is going to be available to all licensed Windows Vista customers in March, I don't think that theres any issues with hosting these files. They are digitally signed by Microsoft. If we receive any request not to distribute the files from them we will not do so. But we are still looking in to bringing them back online.

We still believe that 1840 is the RTM build for Service Pack 1. The Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) was updated recently and refers to this build number as the RTM build that was released to manufacturers on Monday.

Shortly after we put the files up for download, our server was slammed with hundreds of thousands of download requests and crashed last night, even after we made some changes. We had no choice but to pull the files temporarily, until we can get them back up on a seperate mirror, if that is even possible.

I will let you know what we can do about getting the files back online. Since SP1 is a free update that is going to be available to all licensed Windows Vista customers in March, I don't think that theres any issues with hosting these files. They are digitally signed by Microsoft. If we receive any request not to distribute the files from them we will not do so. But we are still looking in to bringing them back online.

Thats great news Mike .... thanks for the info ;)

You who have had the opportunity to download the x64 version of the file,
when you look at the file Properties and Information, what version does it present :confused:

[ Vista SP1 RC Refresh (6.0.6001.17028) ]

You who have had the opportunity to download the x64 version of the file,
when you look at the file Properties and Information, what version does it present

the file hosted here for x64 wasnt 17028 it was build 6001.18000 (rtm.080118-1840).

Would someone who has the files in their possession please consider posting them to usenet? And posting md5 hashes here would be great too.

I can´t download this file too, any ideas?

Wait.. Your going to have to be patient. Mike and Bios are trying to work out a way of offering the download without it crashing the servers..

Up load them to major geeks as they think they are offering vista sp1 anyways.

I can put the file in my server (100 mbit) and offer up to 1 Terabyte of bandwidth for this current month for downloads, but I'd need someone to ftp the file up first.

Is the link on Major Geeks that was posted above mine the actual thing?

They are offering the tools for download,thinking its the sp1 so this site should up load the file to them as they have the bandwidth needed...

Back
Top Bottom