Linksys Wireless WRT54G

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by rcollins001, Jun 17, 2009.

1. rcollins001

rcollins001 New Member

I cannot access the router web page to find out my security settings. Also when I try to ping the router nothing happens. I need to access the page to get my security code as I want to add my new Palm Pre as a wi-fi device so that I can have access to Outlook on the Pre. Thank you

2. Acestes

Acestes New Member

Are you sure you have the correct IP? To make sure do an 'ipconfig /all' from the command promt and make sure you are trying to access the IP of the 'Default Gateway'. Also are you trying to get to the router page via a wireless connection? If you are you may find you can't as web access via wireless can be disabled on the router. In which case you will have to connect via a cable.

3. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP
    Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

4. halcion1

halcion1 New Member

Try NOT using IE 8...use firefox and retry. I've heard of some IE8 "Compatability Mode" settings that have prevented access to others' routers.

...worth a shot if all else looks good with your LAN and IP settings

5. zadiar

zadiar New Member

Win 7 next big unandestanding

I have the same router and the same win 7 prof system... I had the same problem... You need to restart your router... than it should work

#5 zadiar, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  6. RAK

RAK Extraordinary Member

Posts on this site remain virtually for ever, it seems. It is a good idea to have a look at the last posting date before adding advice.