Linksys WMP54GX not working with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by CubSteve, Aug 13, 2009.

1. CubSteve

CubSteve Senior Member

I replaced Windows XP Home with Windows 7 Ultimate on one of the desktops at home and now the Linksys PCI Adapter with SRX (model WMP54GX, version 1.0) is not detected. The device manager does not see it. I installed the driver from the original CD and still nothing. I've looked all over for a solution but have not been able to find anything. There is a thread here that referenced the WMP54G model but there is no solution offered.

Has anyone run into and solved this problem?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2. Ascarona

Ascarona New Member

I have no idea what is going on over at Linksys, but my adapter doesn't work with Windows 7 64bit either.

I got a Linksys WMP54G, also tryed to run the installation program, the first part works but it won't open up after restart. Can anyone help me?

(I am sorry for the semi-necropost, but I want internet on my home computer :mad:)

3. fins4ever88

fins4ever88 New Member

Same problems here. I have a WMP54Gv2 that won't work. I've tried installing the correct drivers, but it says the device cannot be started. I found one driver that "worked" on the intall, but the computer was moving at half speed and when I restarted, it would not start up windows. Tried it twice, and both times I've had to come back and do a startup repair and a system restore.

4. Meliachite

Meliachite New Member

I have the same issue, but my card is working. W7 sees is as a Broadcom 802.11g network adapter. The drivers are native to W7. Try this

Control Panel>System>Device Manager>

Right click on network adapters and search for hardware changes. If that doesnt work for you try add it manuelly, and use one of the outdated drivers. I know when I finished my upgrade it had a windows update with new drivers in it already.

5. Skip

Skip New Member

I have a 2 day old new lap, was getting connected with limited connection. ( linksys WRT54G version 6 ) :mad: went bald headed trying for solutions. Finnally threw in the towel and went remmote with Linksys support. Sat back with a cup of coffee had a great conversation with support. sorry guys, I took this way out, However :) I still have some hair to comb