Windows 7 Live Mail Contacts Missing?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I opened up my Live Mail today and my contacts are all missing.
It says you have 0 contacts.

Yesterday I had dozens.

When I redid my computer lately I was pleasantly surprised that even with my computer completely restored to it's original state, when I reinstalled Windows Live Mail all of my contacts appeared on their own.

Anyone know how I can get them back, Windows Live Mail has been acting strange lately asking my to sign in to my Windows Live Account etc, which it doesn't normally do.

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Hi

Well I sort of figured it out.

If I sign into my Windows Live ID they are there.
If I sign in to my normal Comcast account the way I have always done in the past they are not there.

Anyone know of a way to export my contacts from my Live account and import it into my Comcast account?

Most e-mail clients have any option to export and import address books but I don't see one anyplace in Live Mail.

Mike

Thanks Elmer, I'll check that out.

Weird it's worked OK for years until now.
As I said my contacts even reappeared when I reinstalled Live Mail on a fresh Windows installation.

I do think there was an update recently, several options etc. are different then they were a week or so ago.

Mike

Hi

That worked I exported the list from my Live Mail Account, then logged into my Comcast account and imported it into there.

Now when I click new message from my Comcast account the addresses are available again.

I don't know how log I looked and didn't see the export button.

Mike

Hi

Funny,I wonder why I'm getting email notifications about this post which is 6 years old?

I figured somebody had posted on it ,but it doesn't appear that anyone has ,weird.

Back