Windows 7 Live Mail, driving me crazy!!!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I tried to send an email that was too large.
I got a message that said it was stopped.

Now it tries over and over to send it and I can't get it to stop.
I need to remove the message from the Outbox but there is no visible Outbox in Live Mail.

I looked online for and answer but only found other people asking the same question but no answer.

I've tried cancelling it etc, but it always starts to send it again as soon as I open the program.

Any help welcome!

Mike

Have you looked in the "drafts" box?
But there is an "Outbox" in Live mail?? Try selecting "view" on the menu bar Select "Quick views" and ensure you have the items you need to see, marked.

Hi

I did the things you suggested but there is no option to show the Outbox in the Quick Views menu.
Nothing it the Drafts Box, but I can't send anything because of the stuck message.

This is a pain and really poor design on Microsofts part. I'm not the only one having this problem.
Microsoft has recommended that I delete Live Mail and reinstall it, all to get rid of one message that it can't send.

They indicated that, that may not solve it either.

They suggested an update which I downloaded and ran, but that didn't help either.

I need to get this stuff sent so I'm going to download and install Thunderbird for now.

Mike

Hi

I got Thunderbird installed and set up.
My e-mail is all sent, and I've uninstalled Live Mail.

At this point I don't feel like reinstalling it, maybe in the future, when I'm no so mad at them! LOL

Mike

Ok Mike. Thats fine -Horses for courses. I am sorry you had a problem. I think Live mail is just the ticket. fwiw It was the standalone windows live mail 2011? I cannot understand why you did not have an Outbox - it is there by default. (See my picture)

Hi Davehc

I reinstalled Live Mail and to my surprise it still retained all my folders and address books.

And low and behold an Outbox showed up and I was able to delete the ofending message.

I wonder if the Outbox is something that has been added since I installed Live Mail a year and a half ago, because I did find other poeple having the same problem and making the same complaint.

Anyway it's fixed and I didn't have to reenter all my data.

Mike

Lol. Good news. Welcome to windows live mail! I think you will probably find you now have 2011??

Back