Windows 7 Live Movie Maker Question

TigerJon73

Is there a way to capture video from a Sony Handycam (MiniDV by firewire) and get just one file rather than a bunch of seperate clips? Thanks for any help.

Running 7 32-bit.

Does your computer support firewire? There seems to be a usb/firewire adapter you might try if you PC doesn't support firewire. As to the bunch of clips, this is so you can edit the captured data. You can move clips around in a particular order, omit certain clips, add stills and so forth. Once you start to play around with it you'll start to understand the logic behind it and then you will probably want to get a better editing software. But for a basic movie maker it's not bad at all and best of all it's free. So have fun with it.

bassfisher6522,

Yes, my PC does support FW. I certainly agree that the small clips make it easier for adding snippets of video to a LMM slideshow. But on the other hand, I'd like to have one long video for the purposes of not having so many files and if I want to view an entire tape worth of video streamed from my PC to my television. Thanks.

Jon

bassfisher6522,

Yes, my PC does support FW. I certainly agree that the small clips make it easier for adding snippets of video to a LMM slideshow. But on the other hand, I'd like to have one long video for the purposes of not having so many files and if I want to view an entire tape worth of video streamed from my PC to my television. Thanks.

Jon

I agree with you to on that point, one vid clip would be easier to manage. Start looking into some high end editing software and see if there are some features that might interest you. I hear the apple's movie maker is user friendly with some nice features but I don't know for sure if it's windows compatible or that it's a stand alone app for sale. I'll have to look into that myself.

Back