Windows 7 Local accounts and custom profile

balubeto

Extraordinary Member
Hi

I have Windows 7 SP1 and I want to create a custom default profile so that, when I will have to create the local accounts, they already will have the custom profile.

Thanks

Bye

After reading the Customize the default local user profile when preparing an image of Windows article, I have some questions:

1) Where can I find Unattend.xml files already made ​​valid for each version and edition of Windows 7 SP1 to change the default profile using parameter CopyProfile?

2) I am obliged to enable the Administrator account and configure it or I could use my administrator account, already configured, to run the Sysprep utility?

Thanks

Bye

Last edited:
I created the CopyProfile.xml file:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
<settings pass="generalize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SLC" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="[URL="[B]Link Removed due to 404 Error[/B]]" xmlns:xsi="[URL="[B]Link Removed - Invalid URL[/B]]">
<SkipRearm>1</SkipRearm>
</component>
</settings>
<settings pass="specialize">
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="[URL="[B]Link Removed due to 404 Error[/B]]" xmlns:xsi="[URL="[B]Link Removed - Invalid URL[/B]]">
<CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
</component>
</settings>
<cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="wim://<computerName>/<Source_dir>/install.wim#Windows 7 <Edition>" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
</unattend>
and I put it in an USB stick.
So, I planned to install Windows 7 normally, install the additional drivers, update Windows, go to audit mode with the c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /audit command, delete the account created during installation, customize the Administrator account. Finally, I run the c:\windows\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot /generalize /unattend:<USB stick unit>:\CopyProfile.xml command to go into OOBE mode. Right? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

Bye

Back