Windows 7 Locking Issues

TheIgster

I'm using Windows 7 on my PC with no issues. My wife however has a bit of an older system (that I upgraded recently) and it has been having issues. Many times with the computer left on, she'll turn on the monitor when coming back and there will be a message there about Windows recovering from a bluescreen (the system rebooted itself). Now, she has been getting some freezing, as well as IE shutting down when she is checking her Hotmail and browsing. The next time the bluescreen happens I can get the info and post if, but I don't have it handy.

I'm wondering if her system simply can't keep up with Windows 7? Here is some of her newly updated comp info:

Windows 7 x64 Build 7201
Acer System - Mother Board Model F672CR, Pentium D925 CPU 3.00GHz
2 DDR2 2048 Simms (4096 total)
NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT

Any help? She wants to go back to Vista and I don't even know where her Vista discs are...:(

Thanks.

No thoughts guys?

I'm downloading and will have to reinstall Vista for her I guess. Can't find the install discs, but she does legally own a copy.

Sucks because I like have 7 loaded on both systems and wanted to stick with it and buy the retail release when it comes out, but hers continues to crash. Mine if working incredibly well. Too bad...:(

Ive seen 7 run on a lot less. Id try installing the RC downloaded from Microsoft if you wanted to keep 7.

I agree. That PC specification is more than high enough to run Windows 7

As above, try the RC1 that is available on the Microsoft website

Pretty sure this was happening using the RC as well guys.

I'll try loading 7100 again and see if it makes a difference, but I've got no locking issues on my machine at all running 7201.

Last edited:
Well, back to 7100 and 32-bit. 7100 and 64-bit locked all the time still. Guess we will see.

Sucks that I have to buy a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version if this all works out...:(

Back
Top Bottom