Windows 7 Logmein problem

miniclip22

Hi, I'm a very big fan of logmein (www.logmein.com) and on a friend's pc with windows 7, it has a strange problem! He did a clean install on both 64 bit and 32 bit, and each password he choose for logmein access was invalid. He tried everything, but the password and/or name when accessing his pc is never right, after he confirmed me what was his access password. We tried lot's of times, but still have this strange problem. Any ideias into fixing this?

LogMeIn installed fine, but won't let me enable it on Win7 x64. It's online but disabled and LogMeIn support says no fix right now.

LogMeIn installed fine, but won't let me enable it on Win7 x64. It's online but disabled and LogMeIn support says no fix right now.

That's strange, as I've got Windows 7 64-bit, and I can enable it, and I can access it from another PC. It works fine. But I've got a friend of mine, which has windows 7 64-bit, and logmein doesn't allo him to access (wrong password) to his computer! Why is this happening?

log me in for me has been really hit or miss for me, on the 6 windows 7 machines I have installed it on, two of them totally refuse to work, and to no avail can I get them working.... all 64 bit.

That's strange, as I've got Windows 7 64-bit, and I can enable it, and I can access it from another PC. It works fine. But I've got a friend of mine, which has windows 7 64-bit, and logmein doesn't allo him to access (wrong password) to his computer! Why is this happening?
I'd love to know how you got it installed on your machine. I use LogMeIn quite extensively.

I'd love to know how you got it installed on your machine. I use LogMeIn quite extensively.

They way I installed is simple: I went to www.logmein.com, logged in into my account, then chose products-->logmein free, downloaded it and just installed, worked perfectly, both 32 and 64 bit.:D

Blah! lol That sucks.

Yes lol... But I don't get it why in some machines it works, and in other ones don't, even though the OS is the same... And I don't get it how can't I access his computer, in spite of knowing his password, and he confirmed, but logmein won't let me log on into his computer, because logmein says I entered a wrong password. Have any ideas for this?

No ideas yet dude. Let me mess with it and I'll report back. No promises but we'll see.

If it is installed but it won't authenticate you, it is because the user name has to be entered in the computername\username format. You must enter your computer name and then the user name, separated by a \. For example, if my computer was named "Dell" I would enter dell\wmagb.

Not sure if anyone is still following this, but LogMeIn has put out updates and now works correctly on all of my W7 systems.

Back
Top Bottom