reanimation

Hello, I have been using Win7 since its official release. Recently, it showed a BSOD and restarted. Ever since that restart, it shows an empty logon screen. By empty, I mean that it doesn't show any users. The background+shutdown button+lang button is still there, just no users. My laptop came with a digital finger scanner which I used to log onto my accounts, so I tried scanning my finger. It doesn't work either. Any idea what could be causing the problem? (logon screen with no users showing)
Or any way to log onto a user directly without going through logon screen? (except the usual method of making an account default, I can't use that method as I can't log onto anything anyways)
Thank you for your help.

Solution
It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation with your Windows 7 logon screen displaying no users after a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) incident. Here are a few steps you could try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 Logon Screen Issue:​

1. Safe Mode Boot:
    • Try booting into Safe Mode to check if the logon screen displays correctly in this mode.
    • To access Safe Mode, restart your computer and continuously press the F8 key before Windows loads. Select "Safe Mode" from the boot menu.
    []Repair Windows Installation:
    • Use your Windows 7 installation disc to access the repair options.
    • Choose the "Startup Repair" option to attempt to fix any...
It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation with your Windows 7 logon screen displaying no users after a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) incident. Here are a few steps you could try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 Logon Screen Issue:​

1. Safe Mode Boot:
    • Try booting into Safe Mode to check if the logon screen displays correctly in this mode.
    • To access Safe Mode, restart your computer and continuously press the F8 key before Windows loads. Select "Safe Mode" from the boot menu.
    []Repair Windows Installation:
    • Use your Windows 7 installation disc to access the repair options.
    • Choose the "Startup Repair" option to attempt to fix any corrupt system files that might be causing the issue.
    [
    ]Check User Profile:
    • If you have only one user account, it might be corrupted.
    • Boot into Safe Mode or use the installation disc to create a new user account.
    []System Restore:
    • If you have a system restore point before the BSOD incident, you may be able to revert back to a stable state.
    • Use the Windows installation disc to access System Restore.
    [
    ]Command Prompt:
    • You can try accessing the Command Prompt from the Windows Recovery Environment to run some commands that might help.
  2. Registry Check:
    • Sometimes registry errors can cause login issues. Be cautious when editing the registry, as incorrect changes can lead to system instability.

Direct Logon Without Logon Screen:​

• There is a way to automatically log in without the logon screen. This method involves using the Windows feature called "netplwiz." Here's how you can do it:
      1. Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
      2. Type netplwiz and press Enter.
      3. Uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer."
      4. Click Apply and enter the username and password for the account you want to auto-login.
      5. Click OK and restart your computer to see if it logs in directly.

Acknowledgement:​

Given that this issue may require some troubleshooting that could potentially lead to important system changes, it's advisable to create backups of your data if possible before proceeding with any of these steps. Feel free to try these steps and let me know if you encounter any issues or if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back