Windows 7 LogonUI.exe-Bad Image

foxthor11

Hello,
I am currently running windows 7 64bit home premium on my computer. When I booted it up this morning i recieved this error: LogonUI.exe-Bad Image, c:\Windows\system32\RpcRtRemote.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. After this message i logged on and it said preparing desktop. After that it went to just a black screen. I have tried booting in safe mode, and i still get the same error and i can't log on. So i went into the advanced Boot Options menu and clicked on repair your computer. I tried the startup repair feature and that didnt fix the issue. I tried to do a system restore but that failed. I also ran a windows memory diagnostic and that find noo issues. SO right now I am not sure what to do. I built the computer myself and it was my first build. Ill post all the specs of my computer below. I am guessing that I will probably need to reinstall windows, and if this is the case please let mem know how to do it step by step so that i do it the right. If you know of anything else that i should try please let me know what to do and how to do it. The sooner i can get this fixed the better, because i need it for school.

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Item #: N82E16822136533

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 Item #: N82E16820145263

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM Item #: N82E16832116754

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM Item #: N82E1682710628

Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7870 Item #: N82E16819115213

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0, Black Interior and Four Fans-1x ... Item #: N82E16811119160
GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4P LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard w/ USB 3.0 & SATA 6 Gb/s Item #: N82E16813128409

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 ... Item #: N82E16817139006

EVGA 01G-P3-1371-TR GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Item #: N82E16814130565VGA
thanks,
Christopher Kampmann

Two things I might suggest are to run a System File Check from off line and run a bootable virus checker. The link below shows how to run the SFC and Microsoft has a bootable checker if you do not have one.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect

The System file checker can be run to check for a single file or the entire system. If you need help, post back.

I performed the system file check from offline two times, and both times I received that something like: corrupt files were found but not all of them were able to be fixed. Then it gave me a code for a CBS.log to check what the scan found but I could never get the code to work. I also ran the microsoft standalone sweeper Beta and it didn't find any threats. So what should I try next?

You may try running a Chkdsk from the command prompt in case something is just corrupted, that will, in some instances, repair a problem.

If the system file checker found some bad files and could not replace them itself, you will need to find replacements yourself. I have not seem many folks follow through with this, but first you need to find out the problem. The SFC will show a list of unreplaceable files near the end of its log entries in CBS.log. The link shows what to look for and a command for extracting the necessary information. Since you will not be running it from within Windows, you will have to change some of the paths.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

If you can't get the script to work, you can search the CBS log for the last entries like the ones seen in the example on the site. Depending on how many files are having problems, you might be able to replace some, or you may just want to redo you installation. If a virus was not involved, there may be some other type of corruption going on.

Edit: There have been some folks that even installed another instance of Windows and used that to fix the first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom