Windows 7 LogonUI.exe

up2nogooduk

Hi,
I started my pc today, and a messages come up saying,
LogonUI.exe - entry point not found.
The procedure entry point checkelevationAnabled could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
I tried safemode but won't start.
Any idea's on what i can do? never seen this message before
Cheers :)

My first thought, of course, would be a virus problem. When I was looking for that error message, I found things like win32.zbot and win32.Agent.pz mentioned... You can check on those yourself, but I did see part of the description in the link relating to making your system unbootable.

Featured Articles

If this happens to be the case, you will probably need some type of bootable anti-virus. I am not that familiar with what is available, but I do know there is something called Windows Defender Offline that can be put on a flash drive for booting.

The first link is a FAQ about it and the second is the download location.

Windows Defender Offline: frequently asked questions
Microsoft?s Free Security Tools ? Windows Defender Offline - Microsoft Security Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Beyond that, I would try running a System File Check from Offline as explained in the link. After that, perhaps trying a Startup Repair might help.

How to Run the System File Checker (Sfc.exe) Offline in Windows 7 and Vista - The Winhelponline Blog

I sorted it..

All I did was set my motherboard clock to default :)
And it started up? I run @ 4.4 but never had a problem for the 2 weeks it's been clock out.
any idea why this happened?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 0000000000000007
BCP2: 00000000003929E0
BCP3: 0040000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601