Long wait downloading

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by aussie sheela, Jun 6, 2011.

1. aussie sheela

aussie sheela New Member

Can anyone suggest something to help. I'm using windows 7/ internet explorer 8. My computer has been running so slow to download all programs, only to then sometimes freeze and nothing works etc. etc. Also I receive messages saying "have to close down will let you know when this has been fixed and nothing happens.

2. alfred01

alfred01 Well-Known Member

Hi aussie sheela and welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Sounds like you've got a virus. Do you have virus control and the ability to run virus scan? Norton-Symantec has a free virus scan if you don't. Just go to their homepage and type free virus scan in the search box. I hope this helps. Good Luck and please let us know how it works out.

Edit: Ooops, sorry aussie, you don't get a free virus scan but you can get a 15 day free trial. You also have Windows Defender under Control Panel. Defender works very well.

#2 alfred01, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

If you can, you might reboot your internet connection appliances, like the modem and router or whatever you use. Perhaps the connection needs to be refreshed.

4. microbillgates

microbillgates New Member

[langtitle=ms]Re: Long wait downloading[/langtitle]

[lang=ms]use dap before my download speed was 300KPS-400KPS and with dap it went from 300KPS-400KPS TO 800KPS-1MPS[/lang]

5. aussie sheela

aussie sheela New Member

Hi alfred01, thanks for the info. I have nortons 360 installed so I think to be safe I'll
    send my computer off to the doctor for a checkup. With regards to all, aussie sheela.

6. aussie sheela

aussie sheela New Member

To all my friends at Windows 7 Forum, all your help is very much appreciated. You are all fantastic. I'm glad I joined your club.xxxooo.

1 person likes this.
  7. alfred01

Welcome aboard matette. :wave:

8. alfred01

A good idea sheela, as I found out today myself, sometimes Norton products don't always catch virus'. Good Luck and we're all glad you're here.
    David