Windows 7 Loosing Internet after switching connection

Morindin

Hi,

I have a wierd problem with my Windows 7 laptop x64 RTM.

After I switch from using my wired network connection to wireless or vice versa, the Internet connection is dropped after around 15 minutes (time varies) of usage eventhough I can still access resources on the local network, but nothing on the Internet. Only a reboot will allow me access to the Internet back.

I have tried with different routers, at friends houses, different drivers, reinstalling the OS but nothing works... always the same problem.

Anyone experienced that??

Thanks

Is it inactive ? If so, it could be kicking in a power option... sleep or hibernation or turning off display.
I would turn off hibernation and go to POWER options and say never to everything... and test it.

No it is not inactive... that is why I find it wierd...

when that problem occurs, anything on the local network can be accessed but nothing on the Internet... so the network card is still working...

No it is not inactive... that is why I find it wierd...

when that problem occurs, anything on the local network can be accessed but nothing on the Internet... so the network card is still working...

I would look for new drivers. Did you upgrade or clean install? It may not be using win 7 drivers.

Wow... this was my 1,000 post here. I need to get a life !

Clean install that I redid a few times but to no avail... I even tried different drivers from the manufacturer... nothing fixed that problem... I am at a lost! :frown:

But please get a life after you help me find my fix ;o)

Clean install that I redid a few times but to no avail... I even tried different drivers from the manufacturer... nothing fixed that problem... I am at a lost! :frown:

But please get a life after you help me find my fix ;o)

But Pittsburge is ahead of Denver and I can't decide which team I'm for... I've lived in both cities.

Are you using a router?
I know you said it drops at your friends house too .. but try this just for fun.. when it locks up.. reboot the router and see if it connects without rebooting windoz.

If you don't use a router.... if it's not wireless.... run Msconfig /services and disable Wlan autoconfig.... and reboot and test it.

Back
Top Bottom