Loosing WLAN connection after some time

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by kaminwurze, Nov 12, 2009.

1. kaminwurze

kaminwurze New Member

Hi, i have a problem with my internet connection over wlan. After 30 minutes of surfing I loose the connection and i can't re-connect cause Windows doesn't find any wireless network. The only possibility to connect is re-booting Windows, but it doesn't shut down! The shut down-screen is displayed, but nothing happens, so I have to pull out the power plug.
    Can anyone help me pls? :)

Using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and Netgear WPN111 USB WLAN adapter

2. Sage

Sage New Member

This sounds like an all-too familiar problem. Do you have a NVIDIA network controller/NVIDIA chipset by chance? I was getting this same thing - random disconnect and then the only way to fix it to restart, and of course it would hang on shut down (And if I waited long enough - 15-30 minutes - it would blue screen anyway).

If you do, I'd suggest trying the fix in this post: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-networking/23926-x64-internet-disconnects-after-doing-anything-online.html#post107483

3. kaminwurze

kaminwurze New Member

Thanks for reply, but i don't have a nvidia chipset... I've now set up Windows again, without installing the Netgear software, only drivers, and it seems to work... :)