Windows 8 Lost hotkeys

mike marshell

Hi, I recently lost my win key , which used to open the start menu, so I upgraded to 8.1.
thinking that may fix it, wrong!
Now it still don't work , but I'm not sure if it is suppose to in 8.1 seeing they put the logo back on. Any way after upgrading now none of the keys work except the number and letter keys. I went to pc settings and turned
on the sticky keys, still don't work. No combinations of any keys work.

P.S.
Do NOT upgrade to win 8.1 , if you do there is no way to uninstall it. It's not worth the
aggravation it has caused. Being that a half dozen other things don't work.

What is your system set up Mike?
Hi, I have a Toshiba laptop , not the best but above average. Win 8.1, Internet Explorer (current) , all updates downloaded
yesterday when I up graded. I have Virus protection and a registry cleaner. I ran the registry check and it had over thirty errors put on by the upgrade. I have booted up in safe mode and ran scanners through that, it found 2 low priority virus and cleaned them.
There have been some weird things happening and its all related to the keyboard. Hot keys don't work, meaning any two key combination or three, ctrl-alt-del used to bring up the task manager , but not any more, that's just one example. Another time the whole keyboard didn't work. I restarted the computer and the number and letter key work now.
Thx

Ok Mike thanks for updating and you can always post back if issues resurface.

Back