Windows 7 Lost my bluetooth!

Iggy

I've a DELL E4310 notebook with integrated bluetooth and Windows 7. I have a DELL Bluetooth Travel Mouse. I've been using the two together for a couple of months now. Oddly, about once a week, the two would become disconnected. I'd have to remove the mouse from the list of devices and then re-add before it would work again, for another week or so.

Today the disconnection happened again - unusual because it disconnected yesterday as well. I've come to expect it about every 7 days, so to happen the next day was curious.

Well, today was different. When I went to the list of devices, all bluetooth devices were missing (my ipod and blackberry usually get detected too).

Try as I might, I could not make Windows 7 realize that there was a mouse available (yes the HW switch is in the 'on' position :) ).

So I checked drivers. Seems my bluetooth driver is out of date, so I downloaded the latest Broadcom driver.

I only get to the second screen when it tells me: An older version of this software has been detected. Please uninstall it and then run the installer again.

wMpkqPmoPKg3QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

I'll be damned if I can figure out what it has detected. I've remove all the bluetooth drivers, disabled services, removed devices, but it's always the same message. I've even checked for other bluetooth installers - nada.

I'm stuck, what do I do?
Ig.

Back