Windows 7 lost my win 7 games that came with the installation disk

Calzone

I have win 7 ultimate installed on my HD. I used AVG's tune up and lost my games that came on the installation disk. Can I reload the games from the installation disk with out reloading the entire operating system?

Does the AVG save registry entries it removes? Do you have a system restore point before the problem started? Tuneup and registry cleaners frequently cause problems.
Joe

Thanks Joe. I was so disappointed with the results of the "tune up" deleted the entire AVG program. So, I don't know how to proceed to restore the games from the win 7 disk.

Do you have a system restore point in Windows from before the problem? Look in control panel system and system protection. A free cleanup program that is good is Ccleaner, I've used it for a number of years. Have you installed SP1 yet? You might be able to do the equivelent of a repair install in XP. You might have better luck posting this problem in the support section.
Joe

Calzone:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Additionally you might try the
Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel
From the left column choose
Turn Windows features on or off
Expand the Games module and see what is checked.
You may need to go through the steps to remove them if they are check, then reboot and go through the process again to add them back.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Randy

Do you have a system restore point in Windows from before the problem? Look in control panel system and system protection. A free cleanup program that is good is Ccleaner, I've used it for a number of years. Have you installed SP1 yet? You might be able to do the equivelent of a repair install in XP. You might have better luck posting this problem in the support section.
Joe

Thank you Joe, good information.
I am currently using win 7, it is similar to XP, yet it dosen't seem to have a repair to it, at least I am unable to locate it.
I'm wondering if I can place my in 7 disk in my drive and find an add feature to it rather than reinstalling the entire operating system again?

Calzone:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Additionally you might try the
Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel
From the left column choose
Turn Windows features on or off

Thanks for the help and information
Expand the Games module and see what is checked.
You may need to go through the steps to remove them if they are check, then reboot and go through the process again to add them back.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Randy

Thank you for the help and information, Randy. I'll give that a try and see if it works.
Regards,
Cal

Back
Top Bottom