Windows 7 LOST PASSWORD

akpie

Running windows 7 and have lost user password on a Dell laptop. How can I recover or unlock laptop.

any local computer tech should be able to help you and I could but I doubt Im local :/

I personally use "locksmith" on my MSDaRT_2010 using the ERD65 recovery disc for windows 7 ;)

Hi

I don't know if this will work from personal experience, I never set a password because I tend to forget them and don't want to have to type one in when I start me computer. But you can read through it and see if it applies to your situation, you have to have a usable restore point created before you lost access to your computer.

Lost Administrator Password in Windows 7 or Vista?

Mike

Thanks ickymay. One local tech struckout. His software (3) didn't work.
Yea a teenager set up this senerio.

Thanks Patcook. I found this earlier and just finished running it through. It told me user password was unlocked and also cleared but when I saved and rebooted it was still asking for a password and was locked.?????????? Am going to run again now.

Just ran it again and still locked up. The program is telling me the user password is cleared but it is still asking for a password.

If you used the program that patcooke linked to and also chose / entered the correct username during the process to reset and clear, then it's possible that the logon may still be prompting for a password for that username but it is blank, have you attempted to logon with the username by leaving the password box empty?

Yes I did and it did not work. However I went into the program and reset the clock (this is a new computer) and re-booted the system. Now I can get into the system fine ,but the program is still telling me the username is "locked." I have rebooted a couple of times but still says locked.Crazy.
Anyway its working. I wonder if I go into the account and change the password if that will unlock it.
Anyway its working. But now I wonder when its going to lock up again with it saying its locked.

Thanks Patcooke and all. Laptop has been up and running for 24 hours now. Offline NT P & R Editor is a good program. Would recommend it to anyone.
Thanks again to all for help.

Thanks for the feedback - the results also helps others who are searching for solutions.

Back