Windows 7 Lost right click function

brucewilsonpa

I've been running Win7 RC1 build 7260 for more than a week on my ThinkPad x200s -- without any msg. or other warning I've lost my right click functionality in Win Explorer and my PowerDeskPro programs -- now when I right click on virtually anything I get a msg. that Win Explorer is shutting down, which it does, then restarts (most of the time). I'm baffled as to why this is happening. I have had some difficulty with software that doesn't work in Win7 but by installing it in Vista SP2 compatibility mode most of it has been OK.

Can anyone suggest a direction to look to restore my right click functionality -- that's something I use a lot.

Thanks!

I've been running Win7 RC1 build 7260 for more than a week on my ThinkPad x200s -- without any msg. or other warning I've lost my right click functionality in Win Explorer and my PowerDeskPro programs -- now when I right click on virtually anything I get a msg. that Win Explorer is shutting down, which it does, then restarts (most of the time). I'm baffled as to why this is happening. I have had some difficulty with software that doesn't work in Win7 but by installing it in Vista SP2 compatibility mode most of it has been OK.

Can anyone suggest a direction to look to restore my right click functionality -- that's something I use a lot.

Thanks!
Try SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated command prompt. It has fixed a number of Win7 problems by making all of the system files pristine.

Back