Windows 7 Lost Rules and Alerts

Asker24

I recently had a glitch in my Outlook 2010 and had to redo the email accounts, and indicate the appropriate pst file. All is well except that I have lost all the Rules and Alerts. Where are they and how do I get them back?

Last edited:
Rules and Alerts are set up by you, the user. It defines actions to be taken in specified circumstances or events. You may well not have had any - I suspect most people don't and the fact that you don't know what they are would seem to indicate that.

I am sorry. I did not state my question clearly enough. I had a bucket-load of Rules and Alerts that I had set up and they have disappeared.

OK They are stored within the pst file. Do you have any backed up copies of this any where? That's the only way you'll be able to recover them.

OK They are stored within the pst file. Do you have any backed up copies of this any where? That's the only way you'll be able to recover them.

I had a copy of the pst file and pointed to it in Outlook Account Settings. All the messages appeared in their appropriate folders, bu no Rules and Alerts. I had thought they would appear with everthing else when I "showed Outlook the way." :confused:

When I set up a new copy of outlook I simply copied the entire pst file across. In this circumstance I'd first make sure I had a secure copy of both pst files then:

1. Point Outlook to the first one and export all rules and alerts ( I tink it creates a file of type .rwz for this)

2. Point Outlook to the new pst file and import from the rwz file.

Back