Windows 7 Lost USB

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
Hello yet again,

(Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

Fitted a second HDD which work well, however I now have no USB devices.

I took care to plug all my USB peripherals into the original slots.

The keyboard and mouse are on USB and they work.

Safely Remove Hardware lists only the USB-to-serial converter, even when it's not plugged in.

USB controllers etc are all listed in Device Manager without question marks.

Unplugging all USB devices (except mouse & keyboard) then plugging one hub in gives a message that the driver is loaded and the device ready for use - but it isn't - the only drives in Explorer and Total Commander are the two hard discs and the DVD writer.

I hope it's something fairly simple. Help !

Cheemag

Hello yet again,

(Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

Fitted a second HDD which work well, however I now have no USB devices.

The USB-2 ones came back on their own accord half an hour ago, followed shortly thereafter by the USB-3.

I did nothing to initiate this.

How peculiar !

Regards,

Cheemag

These things sometimes happen. It's a curiosity, like I had with my USB 3 disk. It only rolled with USB 1 or 2 until suddenly... started to go USB 3. Most probably a Windows Update.

"You never know with these kids". Eh? :rolleyes:

These things sometimes happen. It's a curiosity, like I had with my USB 3 disk. It only rolled with USB 1 or 2 until suddenly... started to go USB 3. Most probably a Windows Update.

In my case, when I first got this machine the USB3 didn't work. it needed drivers although the BIOS was touted as all singing all dancing USB3 .

Cheers

Cheemag

I've read one truly honest comment, by an expert: he stated some years ago that We are not in the IT age, we are heading towards it.

We're on the way, this is still experimental. The days of Battlestar Galactica or Stargate Atlantis are way ahead. Personally, I think the days when your phone was connected with wire to the wall, were safer. Can't remember who's law it is, but he made the remark that Given a present time in a present place, only a limited amount of wireless traffic will fit in atmosphere. You see, all electricity creates magnetism, and the Earth is magnetic. Thus, by feeding our surroundings, we interfere with Earth. We've had some storms in Finland, and I came to think, are these some sort of electrical storms?

No panic, though.

Back