Low Audio Input

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by NFJimc, Nov 9, 2011.

1. NFJimc

NFJimc New Member

OK, I have an external sound card that is plugged in via a USB port and had been working just fine. Windows recognized it as an Audio CODEC and labeled it as a microphone. Suddenly the audio from it went low almost to the point where it is unusable. I have checked and double checked all the settings that I can find and made sure that the levels are all set to 100%. Assuming the sound card is good, and I have no reason to suspect that it isn't does anyone have any ideas as to what may have changed and why? The only thing I haven't done is uninstall the drivers and re-install the external sound card and let Windows detect it an re-install it.

2. Medico

Medico Senior Member

I would suspect an update may have affected the cards drivers. I would go to the web site of the sound card manufacturer and get the latest drivers for your card.

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Did you change anything else on the system, like plug in some device other than the sound card?

How are you listening to the audio?

Changing ports for a USB device will cause the drivers to be reloaded for that port.