Windows 7 Magnifer Error

PcBoyGeorge

So im using build 7229. But when i use magnifer its good. But when i switch to docked mode where it shows a bar at the top of the screen my desktop process thing stops and the theme goes to basic from aero. And i have to reenable it to get aero back. Why. This happened in 7100 and other builds too.

EDIT: PSR File added.

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for the detailed information.

Is this the only time your have problems with Aero?
Have you gone through the fine tune what my screen fonts look like options?

Where can i fine tune it.

Also the only aero problems are this. This only happened in 7100 and after.

Nothink like this in vista and no aero errors in vista. I also downloaded the chipset from hp and others from windows update.

From the report:

Problem Step 5: User left click on "Magnifier (menu item)" in "Start menu"
Program: Windows Explorer, 6.1.7229.0 (winmain.090604-1901), Microsoft Corporation, EXPLORER.EXE, EXPLORER.EXE
UI Elements: Magnifier, Frequently used programs, SysListView32, DesktopProgramsMFU, Start menu, DV2ControlHost

Problem Step 6: User keyboard input [...]
Program: Windows Explorer, 6.1.7229.0 (winmain.090604-1901), Microsoft Corporation, EXPLORER.EXE, EXPLORER.EXE
UI Elements: Shell_TrayWnd

Problem Step 7: User Comment: "Aero stops working "
Program:
UI Elements:

In Problem Step 6 what were you trying to input with the keyboard?

From the report:

Problem Step 5: User left click on "Magnifier (menu item)" in "Start menu"
UI Elements: Magnifier, Frequently used programs, SysListView32, DesktopProgramsMFU, Start menu, DV2ControlHost

Problem Step 6: User keyboard input [...]
UI Elements: Shell_TrayWnd

Problem Step 7: User Comment: "Aero stops working "
Program:
UI Elements:

In Problem Step 6 what were you trying to input with the keyboard?

I was trying to enter a comment for the step.

Where can i fine tune it.

This is under Option in Magnifier.

If this is the only problem you're having with Aero, I'd just say we'll all have to wait for the RTM when these issues are corrected

Back