Malewareytes Free?

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
I want to reinstall Malewarebytes (free version) and can only find sites that download a trial of the paid version. I was perfectly happy with the free one. Have they discontinued the free version? I there another program available that performs like Malewrebytes? I already have Super Antispywrare installed. Is that similar? Thanks.

as neemo explained … their latest version comes standard with 14-day trial of their premium license. and, according to their website … it's no longer called malwarebytes-antimalware but, rather, malwarebytes-3. in the past, if you were using their stand-alones (mbae / mbarw) … upon installation of mb3, those are yanked off your computer (incompatible now), and packaged with their premium-license architecture. essentially … you can no longer have mbae or mbarw … unless you have premium license. well … at least they allowed mbar to remain (for now). reason i know … installed mb3 this friday past.

I use Malwarebytes Premium which you can try (as explained above) for 14 days. I absolutely recommend you try it as it's a fantastic product and a number of us here on the forum swear by it.

Thanks, Neemo and others. I usually dislike trial software, because you're often nagged to purchase. However, I'll go ahead and reinstall Malewarebytes as you suggested.

As mentioned, I re-installed Malewarebytes. I have 4 days left on the trial version. I suppose it will revert to Malewarebytes Free when the trial is up. Correct?

As mentioned, I re-installed Malewarebytes. I have 4 days left on the trial version. I suppose it will revert to Malewarebytes Free when the trial is up. Correct?
It's the only security software I've ever felt the need to purchase as it's so good.

MBAM Free has always worked well for me and Windows Defender, together with a VPN are doing a good job, so If I could get MBAM Free back again, I'd be happy. If not, I'll find another program, although I realize MBAM may be the best at present.

You can download the free version but it will give a 14 day trial. You can cancel the trial period by going to settings, my account and at the bottom you can deactivate the trial period. That is what I did to get the free version without any extras.

Capture1.PNG

You can download the free version but it will give a 14 day trial. You can cancel the trial period by going to settings, my account and at the bottom you can deactivate the trial period. That is what I did to get the free version without any extras.

View attachment 35325
Thanks, Sonny. I just did that and now I got my free version back!

Back