Man burns himself and almost blows up bathroom chasing a spider

cybercore

A husband who tried to ‘save’ his wife from a scary spider ended up needing treatment for burns after nearly blowing up his bathroom.
article-1283277852718-0AFD60A0000005DC-720745_636x300.jpg

Christopher Robinson was ‘encouraged’ by his wife, Janine, to chase the arachnid – but failed to flush out the eight-legged beast when it scuttled behind the toilet.

The 28-year-old grabbed an aerosol can of deodorant and sprayed its highly flammable contents toward the spider, covering the surrounding floor and walls. But the lightbulb had blown – so the would-be hero sparked a lighter to get a better look...

The resulting explosion blew him back into his hallway and lifted the hatch on the loft. The fireball scorched the bathroom at the couple’s home in Clacton-on-Sea on Monday and left the father of two with superficial burns to his arms, legs and face.

Mr Robinson said: ‘There was just this big puff of flame which came right back at me. It burned my hands and my legs and singed my hair.

‘Luckily, I was wearing my boxer shorts so I did not get burned in a more sensitive area.

‘I feel a bit of a fool. It was like something Del Boy would do in Only Fools and Horses.’

Essex fire service added: ‘We’re not entirely sure whether the spider got away or not – but there was no sign of it.’

More Man burns himself and almost blows up bathroom chasing a spider

I got to say that is mega funny . Sorry the guy had a burn or two but that is a classic :)

I got to say that is mega funny . Sorry the guy had a burn or two but that is a classic :)

Does that mean you have been in similar situations, perhaps chasing something, I don't know maybe any occurrences that forced you to set your bathroom on fire like the guy did?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Does that mean you have been in similar situations, perhaps chasing something, I don't know maybe any occurrences that forced you to set your bathroom on fire like the guy did?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

One of my daughters was going out with a millionaires son . The son lead a rather unconventional life . He found a heap of nail gun caps . The kind of caps they use to drive nails into concrete , explosive caps . He put them in my daughters bath and poured lighter fluid over them .
When I arrived the bathroom windows was missing and the bathroom was looking black and kinda unkempt ! The bathroom was needing major work , after the great explosion, my daughters boyfriend, had managed to achieve . The arrival of the fire brigade and police had put a bit of a dent into my daughters boyfriend and his grand idea .
Not to mention the dents the explosive caps had caused . :ohyea:

One of my daughters was going out with a millionaires son . The son lead a rather unconventional life . He found a heap of nail gun caps . The kind of caps they use to drive nails into concrete , explosive caps . He put them in my daughters bath and poured lighter fluid over them .
When I arrived the bathroom windows was missing and the bathroom was looking black and kinda unkempt ! The bathroom was needing major work , after the great explosion, my daughters boyfriend, had managed to achieve . The arrival of the fire brigade and police had put a bit of a dent into my daughters boyfriend and his grand idea .
Not to mention the dents the explosive caps had caused . :ohyea:

Ya, sounds very realistic, watch that nose - it's growing! Link Removed - Invalid URL

Just to compound matters the young man left my daughter with a child and went to Thailand and became a professional kick boxer :)

The child is now 15 years of age and she plays guitar and violin with panash and skill :)

The child is now 15 years of age and she plays guitar and violin with panash and skill :)

She visits him in Tailand yearly and once attended a fight . He was trying to show off for my daughter and granddaughter and got beat due to not attending to business :)

He only narrowly escaped being charged with whatever they would have used against him on mental health grounds .

Oh yeah, you've found the right link.
icon12.gif

Sometimes I worry that I may be failing in some way to get my message across . You know that feeling when all entreaties fall on deaf ears ?
When it seems an uphill struggle just to tread water ! :zoned:

Sometimes I worry that I may be failing in some way to get my message across . You know that feeling when all entreaties fall on deaf ears ?
When it seems an uphill struggle just to tread water ! :zoned:

Just follow the link. :)

I am going to join a monastic order as thing are rapidly degenerating into comedic banter

Strange you come to that conclusion now -- took you a while to realize. :)

Back
Top Bottom