Many video files are blocked by EXPLORER, can´t be moved

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by repters, Dec 26, 2009.

1. repters

repters Banned

Hi,

using Windows 7 Home Premium, Installation ist about two weeks old.

Problem: I have media files (films, to be precise) on a hard drive. Often, I want to change their location (e.g., move films that are lying around in root to a common folder with the name of the director).

80% of the time, I cannot do this.

I get the message: "moving".... then after 5 secs or so popup "this file cannot be moved, since it is already opened in Explorer".

To fix this problem, i downloaded one of the UNLOCKER-Programs. When i use this program, it tells me that the process blocking the files is... multiple instances of the file itself??!!

e.g., I have E:/Film123.avi - UNLOCKER tells me:
    "File is being locked by:
    E:/Film123.avi
    E:/Film123.avi"

I can use Unlocker to unlock these - but instantly, the files gets blocked again by multiple instances with this name.

I´m getting MAD about this ;-). I just want to move my files!

I have VLC player installed - but I doubt it causes the problem - it always worked fine on vista, and how can a video player block ALL media files?

However, if "VLC player" isn´t the culprit, it must be Windows 7.

Thx for the help

2. repters

repters Banned

addendum

Windows 7 is also having several other seriously annoying bugs which TOTALLY freak me out (a 12 year old kid could have programmed a better operating system).

e.g., the system clock has suddenly turned to be displayed 1 hour off last week.

when i CLICK on the clock this minute, it says 4:09 (which is right). So it KNOWS the right time. Also, a internet sync doesnt change the time (since it is correct in this window).

But if i just look at the clock on the general desktop screen, it shows 3:09.

etc. - always 1 hour false.

wtf?!

I have a legitimate Windows 7 installation. And i did a couple of reinstalls already. The damn bugs seem to get more, not less.

Think this OS was put on the market before ANY bugs have been identified....