Maximum RAM

Can anyone throw any light of the following:-

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and accoring to what I have read in various places it's capable of utilising up to 192 Gb of Ram.

I currently have 8 Gb of Ram yet when I check the basic system information whilst it states that I have 8 Gb of Ram it also states that only 7.50 Gb is usable.

It has occured to me that this figure could arise by Windows 7 accounting for OS usage but I'm only guessing.

Barbara

Krypto

Fantastic Member
Premium Supporter
I believe the System set aside some ram like my laptop shows 2 gb but only 1.75 usable

RAK

Extraordinary Member
Thats about the size of it (No pun intended). The Computer and Os itself, need a little ram to accomplish basic tasks. If you have a "shared ram" graphics card, the amount grabbed would be even more. Your figure looks about right.

Thats about the size of it (No pun intended). The Computer and Os itself, need a little ram to accomplish basic tasks. If you have a "shared ram" graphics card, the amount grabbed would be even more. Your figure looks about right.
Thank you RAK, for a moment I thought I had some mainboard setting or similar wrong.

Barbara

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.