MBR Error 3 On startup

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by jtpcamp, Oct 31, 2009.

1. jtpcamp

jtpcamp Honorable Member

I get the error "MBR Error 3" at the point when "Starting Acronis Loader" should be displayed. Windows then boots normally. I have Acronis 2010 Home installed on my computer.

Why is this happening and why is Acronis not loading? Maybe I should uninstall Acronis then clean all registry entries out then reinstall the software?

Does anyone have any idea's?

2. jtpcamp

jtpcamp Honorable Member

Come on folks, Someone has to have an answer.... Please!

3. tblount

tblount New Member

I use Acronis a lot.. probably over 10 times to make a clone in the last 2 or 3 months. I have never seen this error...

You may not have much luck here finding someone who is experienced in fixing any thrid party program (except firefox... seems a lot of people are trying to get it working right under Win 7)

Why don't you try running Msconfig and uncheck Acronis from starting up?

I would definitely run a registry optimizer.... or go back to before you installed Acronis

MBR is Master Boot Record.. there are a few commands that will fix and rebuild the master boot record.. but if you are running ok after the error I probably would leave it alone. Stopping the Acronis programs from loading at bootup should get rid of the error being displayed.

What do you use Acronis for?

4. jtpcamp

jtpcamp Honorable Member

I fixed this problem today. I used the "Bootsect" Utility on the Setup DVD to repair the Master Boot Record. Then it was simple to get Acronis to load at boot.