Windows 10 mbr2gpt

NettleWarbler

Honorable Member
evening all , I recently bought a new harddrive , I tried to convert using this method as it said the conversion rate was rapid taking only seconds . I must have done it wrong because my drive still shows 1.99TB and 2.93MB can someone please tell me how to complete the conversion . thank you .

Attachments

• Drives.PNG
    Drives.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 418
  • 1st part.PNG
    1st part.PNG
    92.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 2nd part.PNG
    2nd part.PNG
    83.7 KB · Views: 404
I had another try at converting to GPT using Command Prompt Admin , this time I got this message at the end . before the new system can boot properly you need to switch the firmware to boot to Uefi mode . Windows\system32> Under that , so I still don't know how to solve it .

Switching to UEFI mode can't normally be done in Windows. When the computer firsts boots you should see an option to enter setup. Common keys are F2,F10,F12 and DEL. The layout of UEFI will be different, but you'll want to look for boot or mode and make sure it is NOT set to legacy. The terminology can vary between systems as well

You can also just google "<your model enable UEFI boot"

My latest sorry attempt failed again in the photo it says disk sector size is 512 bytes . I don't know if that's got owt to do with it failing . The boot mode is UEFI .

Attachments

• Conversiopn failed IN UEFI mode.JPG
    Conversiopn failed IN UEFI mode.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 323
You'll need to look in the logs for the reason

Logs
Four log files are created by the MBR2GPT tool:

• diagerr.xml
  • diagwrn.xml
  • setupact.log
  • setuperr.log

I went on the new harddrive that's where I am now , its been a while so I searched for something to convert from Mbr to Gpt . I downloaded EaseUS® Partition Master . When I ran the programme I got 4 drives ( partitions ) . One is showing 7.09TB and it shows GPT at the top so something must have worked , when I was trying t convert it before . Is it in the GPT format , and can I join the partitions together . Thank you.

Attachments

• GPT.JPG
    GPT.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 235
Back