MCCA

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I've noticed that the newly awarded members with MCCA award on the 7 forum does not carry over to the 8 forum. Is this not a transferable award form forum site to forum site as is the MVP award is in the other 7 and 8 forums that are hosted by others.

At this time, it is being as a separate award. The award is being given for participation on the Windows 7 Forums website itself, and not on this site.

Thanks.

Now next question; I see that some members having the MVP award, have received it on one forum but yet not earned it on another, have it registered with their name title or in their signature on all forums they participate in. I was just wondering how come.

Thanks.

Now next question; I see that some members having the MVP award, have received it on one forum but yet not earned it on another, have it registered with their name title or in their signature on all forums they participate in. I was just wondering how come.

This was designed this way by the MCGA. Microsoft wanted the forum admins themselves to control the nomination process, as they would otherwise have to review potentially tens of thousands of candidates. For further info you should get a hold of [email protected].

So the award itself is for the forum you are using, valid on that site, but not necessarily others. This is how we were made to understand it.

Interesting. I had never heard of this award (MCCA), until I read this post. I had a job tracking the info down, but eventually found the link through Mike's posts on the Windows 7 forum.

It showed there only 2 members actually had the award, from this site. and it seems it is only valid for three months. Although the FAQs say that MVPs are eligible, it wouldn't, at first glance, be relevant in their case?
It also seems to be confined to , mostly, the Microsoft forums, and only three outside public forums.
i'm still trying to get my head around where it fits in??
But you can read up most of what is available on the site, Bass, click the small subtitles at the bottom for full info.:

https://www.microsoftcommunitycontributor.com/

Wanted to add. The MVP award is NOT forum specific. It is a general award from Microsoft, across the board.

Back