Media player

Is there a media player that can resume playing video where it was halted even through a system restart? I am referring to video files on the computer.

Josephur

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
VLC supports bookmarking (Just press CTRL+B), but this is not an automatic thing that happens if you close VLC. I doubt any player has an automatically save position when player is exited feature.. not sure about that.

Oh look I did find a script here that someone wrote to extend VLC to do it automatically on shutdown:
The scientific Swede: Extending VLC with Lua

Thanks for your answer. I will take a look at the script tomorrow.

pnamajck

actually … adobe's media-player(ver 1.8) seems to have the feature being discussed. person can watch one video and select "pause" … close program or quit program from system-tray … even switch to another video … when you return to that previous video, it will resume where it had been paused. i should explain a bit further … the videos i tried were on my hard-drive and were located in my "favorites/personal-videos" within the program interface. have att'd screen-cap for clarification of adobe's interface.

edit: wanted to add one other suggestion. be cautious when downloading the software … copy/paste the url to virus-total website so it can make sure the link has a clean file for download … further, verify you fully scan the program once it's on your hard-drive … and, if i were you, i'd create system-restore point before installation.

Attachments

Last edited:

zirkoni

Honorable Member
VLC supports bookmarking (Just press CTRL+B), but this is not an automatic thing that happens if you close VLC.
Yes it is. If you watch a video with VLC, close VLC and then start the same video again it asks if you want to continue from the previous position.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.