Windows 7 Media player

BlackMailedAgai

Extraordinary Member
Is there a media player that can resume playing video where it was halted even through a system restart? I am referring to video files on the computer.

VLC supports bookmarking (Just press CTRL+B), but this is not an automatic thing that happens if you close VLC. I doubt any player has an automatically save position when player is exited feature.. not sure about that.

Oh look I did find a script here that someone wrote to extend VLC to do it automatically on shutdown:
The scientific Swede: Extending VLC with Lua

actually … adobe's media-player(ver 1.8) seems to have the feature being discussed. person can watch one video and select "pause" … close program or quit program from system-tray … even switch to another video … when you return to that previous video, it will resume where it had been paused. i should explain a bit further … the videos i tried were on my hard-drive and were located in my "favorites/personal-videos" within the program interface. have att'd screen-cap for clarification of adobe's interface.

edit: wanted to add one other suggestion. be cautious when downloading the software … copy/paste the url to virus-total website so it can make sure the link has a clean file for download … further, verify you fully scan the program once it's on your hard-drive … and, if i were you, i'd create system-restore point before installation.

Attachments

• adobe_media_player.png
    469 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
VLC supports bookmarking (Just press CTRL+B), but this is not an automatic thing that happens if you close VLC.
Yes it is. If you watch a video with VLC, close VLC and then start the same video again it asks if you want to continue from the previous position.

Back