Windows 10 memory control

kinneter

hey i recently installed windows 10 enterprise LTSC 2019 with pre prepared modifications removing any of the microsoft marketing bullshit and other bloatware.

So far its been very nice, very fast and much appreciated however there is one problem, I'm not much of an expert when it comes to windows but running any recent games (triple A) has been made impossible as my very sufficient 8GB of RAM gets completely filled up and games crash before they can reach the menu screen. Now I don't know how windows manages memory allocation but it seems that in my version of windows there is no control over how much memory my games use. Is this a feature of windows which seems to be disabled or is it just broken because my software seems to think its ok to use up as much RAM as they want without limitations which I'm sure windows normally keeps under control. As before using a normal installation of windows 10 home I never had this problem.

Can someone please enlighten me on the preventative measures that windows should normally have against this and possibly re-enable them. I don't mind making tweaks in the registry as long as i can solve this problem in the end.

There is no reason to limit memory usage. Programs are allocated virtual memory that is way higher than what you have physically. Pages are moved in and out of physical memory as needed by the OS and it's very unlikely this is your issue.

…___... I'm not much of an expert when it comes to windows but running any recent games (triple A) has been made impossible as my very sufficient 8GB of RAM gets completely filled up and games crash before they can reach the menu screen. Now I don't know how windows manages memory allocation but it seems that in my version of windows there is no control over how much memory my games use. --__--

Have you used the reliability monitor to find any relevant errormessages from your games:

Check for "red X" etc. and check if there are any recommended solutions...

And please check if the: "pre prepared modifications removing any of the microsoft marketing bullshit and other bloatware" might be the cause of your problems.. Many of those tools and stuff that claims to perform miracles simply shoot way over the target..

Back