Memory Gets Erased

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by rac, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rac

rac New Member

Yeah, so I upgraded from vista to 7 but the upgrade was working very slow, so I went to do a complete fresh install. And, well, I wanted to keep the registries for some of my installed games because I either lost the install disc or the downloaded installer, and I copied them to another hard drive. Now after the reinstall, I added all the backed up registeries from my previous install(I know, incredibly dumb) to my new install, and well, I put my backed up games back in old folders, and they worked smoothly. But, for some reason, randomly after each night, all my history gets erased. I mean all, like all the browsers, I have IE, FF, and GC, and my windows history, like the recent items, get erased.

2. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Extraordinary Member

Hello !!

Have you scheduled some Tune up Programs like Tunes Up Utilities or CCleaner etc ?? That could be more likely the issue.

- Captain

3. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi rac,
    check the setting I've highlighted just in case it's enabled..

4. cgrim29588

cgrim29588 New Member

Are you using any tune up Programs like Tunes Up Utilities or CCleaner etc? If so there might be a setting in program that is deleting memory you need to find out that setting disable it so it doesn't delete memory.

5. rac

rac New Member

Thx for the help ill just try system restore.

6. cgrim29588

cgrim29588 New Member

Not sure if System Restore will work or not, but it is worth a try let use know if it works!

7. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

it almost sounds like the registry is write protected (is that possible??), in that the state changes back on reboot.

8. rac

rac New Member

Have not system restore yet but is there a way to make it unprotected Highwayman? Because i don't want to re-download files or buy another comp. thx n advance