Hi Guys,

Hope u guys can shed some light on my issue
For reference:
Mobo: MSI z97 Gaming r5
graphics card: MSI GTXX970 twin frozr V
Memory sticks: 2x 8GB Corsair vengence
power supply: corsair rm750
OS is sitting on Samsung evo 850

Issue: My PC is BSODing alot recently. and the issue has always been something memory related. lIke memory management or paged fault in non paged pool. I'll upload all the dumps ive got n see if can anyone pinpoint the issue. Ive done several memory related test like memtest x86 etc.

Causes: Its so far been terribly random. it has occured from simply watching youtube, or playing a game. or both.

Attachments

• Dumps - 1.zip
    1 MB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Hi Zalthoria,
does the seem like the issue you had before? I'll have a quick look through your dumps now.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff68000261938, 128, 127}

Probably caused by : win32kbase.sys ( win32kbase!SURFACE::bDeleteSurface+a13 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi Zalthoria,
well most of the dump files were like the above apart from two which were Bugcheck 50's. I went back and reread your old thread. So I guess you never went back to the supplier or did they blow you off?

Are all your browsers up to date?

NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 11:27:58 2012: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities. Please remove.

MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 04:40:32 2009: Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver) Please update using the download from your support site. The latest driver available can be found under the Windows 8 64Bit section of drivers.
Bios
BiosVersion = V1.12
BiosReleaseDate = 08/11/2015
BaseBoardManufacturer = MSI
BaseBoardProduct = Z97 GAMING 5

You have a Bios update pending and it has a memory compatibility update too:

Description
- Improved memory compatibility.
- Support PSC B-die DDR3 Memory
- Fix that system is not able to boot from legacy DVD ROM when RAID is activated.
- Updated CPU microcode.
Support For Z97 GAMING 5 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

If the bsod continues then you may have to try the running on one stick method. You've tested for at least 20hrs using Memtest86 but I know from previous experience that error's don't always show up even with Memtest86.
What is the actual speed of the sticks?
If your using XMP to set the speed try setting the speed manually, you could even run the sticks at 1333mhz and see if they still bsod.
Another thing you could try is upping the voltage slightly but we'll cross this bridge another time.
See how you get on with the above changes and we'll go from there.
Please post any new dump files.

Ive been to the supplier but they insist theres nothing wrong with it. Aites ill get them done and report back if it crashes again! started work now so it may not be possible to update frequently

This may or may not help but you might want to try. I went in and set my Dram Configuration manually in my OC section of the bios. I have an MSI board but it is a different model. Mine is B75MA-G43. Once configuring it manually it stop all of my bosd's due to memory problems.

Hey Sonny,
I did wonder if it could be something like that and asked the op to try setting his speed manually as you say. It's very promising to hear it worked for your MSI moBo so fingers crossed!

Hi Kemical, I hope he tries your suggestion, I am thinking that it should work. Just wanted to confirm that it was worth a shot since we both have MSI boards and it worked on mine.

These are the changes I made from auto to manual.

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

Latest crash. I'll try out the Dram config! thanks for the tip!!

Attachments

• 042316-5921-01.zip
    82.9 KB · Views: 261
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41792, fffff680002f4278, 4000000000, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( ONE_BIT )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
same again I'm afraid. You need to uninstall this driver:
NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 11:27:58 2012: MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5, MSI Super Charger & MSI Smart Utilities. Please remove. This driver can also induce memory error's like the ones being reported so it's worth removing to test.

MBfilt64.sys
Fri Jul 31 04:40:32 2009: Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver) Please update using the download from your support site. The latest driver available can be found under the Windows 8 64Bit section of drivers.
Support For Z97 GAMING 5 | MSI Global | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design

I can't remember if i asked you to run this test before so apologies if i have. Run the Intel diagnostic test for the processor:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Ahh it seems like it didnt complete remove after uninstall. Just to check is it alright for me to follow teh values exactly in the dram config or would i have to tweak it

Just use the values it shows you Zalthoria. You can always tweak it later if this should work for you.

As Sonny say's try running just on the default speed at first. If all seems ok apply the tweaks after.

Oh and what didn't uninstall properly, afterburner?

Yea afterburner. ive managed to cleanly remove it now. ihope. :) will give everything a go and get back to u guys if anything happpens again! cheers!

That's great. Good luck with the testing and thanks for the update.

Back