Windows 7 Memory Prices

lorenkjr1

Extraordinary Member
Geesh is this for real? I had no idea memory prices were dropping like this.

Add, remove or update quantity as needed [SIZE=-2]Code[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Product[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Quantity[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Price/Ea.[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Total[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Link Removed due to 404 Error[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]2GB PC2-5300 (667Mhz) 240 pin DDR2 DIMM (APM)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]$20.85[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]$41.70[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]Computer Make: Pavilion a6300f[/SIZE][SIZE=-2] [/SIZE][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][SIZE=-2][/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]Total:[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]$41.70[/SIZE]Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL[SIZE=-2]Code[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Image[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Price[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Description[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]ReturnEnv[/SIZE][SIZE=-2]Link Removed due to 404 Error [/SIZE][SIZE=-2]$3.00[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2]Use this item if you have items to return to us for buyback. This item includes a pre addressed cardboard mailer postage paid with delivery confirmation. Not valid outside of USA. Maximum of 4 modules per envelope. This item cannot be returned for refund. If you have more than 4 items you may be required to add postage.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] [/SIZE]

I know it's crazy, you can pick up 8GBs of RAM for like £65! Which is what I intend to buy when I get Windows 7 64bit....:cool:

Well I think I might just buy it for spares. At that price it's like who cares. I know it's the ecconomy but, that pricing is unreal. Wonder what else is that cheap?

Well I think I might just buy it for spares. At that price it's like who cares. I know it's the ecconomy but, that pricing is unreal. Wonder what else is that cheap?

One of the reasons it's cheap is that there's a glut of DDR2...They made too much of the damn stuff.. With over 60% of gamers still using XP (Source: Steam survey) the take up of vista didn't spark the rush for DDR2 the manufacturers thought that there would be....

I bet when Windows 7 is released DDR2 prices will rise.....What with most XP users who missed out from vista who will now probably move over to 7...... We'll see

Well that could change if the ecconomy tanks further. What I am more confused by is the overall tanking of everything related to computers. Not much left that is not expensive.

Yes.........This is the time to "spash the cash" on RAM. Even though you might not need it at present, it's a good idea to buy now for your next upgrade. Like Kemical, I see the benefits of moving over to 64bit computing when memory prices are at this level.

I agree, and thats why I bought the 64bit OS and gig's of memory. Maybe just maybe I will buy a bigger hard drive next month. I have never seen prices like they are now.

A new HDD huh?.... You could buy one thats exactly the same as your present one and then run a RAID 0 set up. They are a bit more tricky to run but the performance boost is well worth it.

I think might just be a great idea. You give help if I need it. Cause I am not well versed at all on Raid.

I just thought... Make sure your motherboard supports RAID otherwise you'll have to buy an add-in card.

If you can find out which motherboard you've got then I'll be able to tell you..

I'm afraid I couldn't find your exact mobo with hte above info... Is your system built by HP? If so which model is it?

Back