Memory

I have a notebook which is a HP Compaq Nx6325. It came with Windows XP and 1.5 GB ram. I put Windows 7 64 bit and up graded it to 3 GB few months ago. To day I tried to upgrade it to 4GB which is the maximum for my notebook. however it only sees uses 3GB still. the Bios and computer properties both see 4GB.

Mitchell_A

Excellent Member
When you say Computer Properties does show 4 GB, does it also say something like "3 GB usable"?

This is caused by the memory restrictions in the 32-bit Windows.. 1 GB of the RAM becomes dedicated to overhead functions.
To be able to utilize all 4 GB, you'd have to switch to the 64-bit architecture of Windows 7.

Hope this helps. :)

If your Windows 7 is indeed 64-bit and it's showing only 3 Gb, then look for bios upgrade.

Mitchell_A

Excellent Member
If your Windows 7 is indeed 64-bit and it's showing only 3 Gb, then look for bios upgrade.
My mistake.. didn't look at the signature before I posted.

You could also check in the BIOS to see if your video card is getting some of your system memory..

Last edited:
that signature is for my gaming computer not my notebook. So it won't help you my friend. :)

Mitchell_A

Excellent Member
;)

Have you checked for the latest bios revisions?

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.