Windows 10 Memtest

JeronStevens

I have been trying to run Windows Memory Diagnostic, but after launching and restarting my computer I get a crash screen.

It states that I'm missing my memetest.efi file. Upon doing scans and trying to repair, I realized that I do have the file. Bit in the crash it says the location is \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\, but I don't have that file path, I have C:\Windows\Boot\EFI and thats where the file is located.

What do I do to correct this issue? I need to run the memtest.

\EFI\Microsoft\Boot is actually on the EFI system partition. In any event you'd be better off running memtest86+ which you can get as a stand alone tool or you can use the version that comes with the Hiren Boot disc.

\EFI\Microsoft\Boot is actually on the EFI system partition. In any event you'd be better off running memtest86+ which you can get as a stand alone tool or you can use the version that comes with the Hiren Boot disc.
Just to clarify, memtest86+ can identify if my ram is going bad? I've been getting alot of random weird freezes the past few months, and I want to test my ram.

Yes, you'll need to let it run for 5-10 complete passes usually which can take hours.

Back
Top Bottom