Windows Vista Menu Appearance

Ilya Byk

Honorable Member
Hi all. Would somebody please tell me how to fix this issue?? As you see I have "Windows Aero" selected and applied, but my menus still show up as I would have "Windows Classic" applied. You can see in this shot that I already pressed "Apply", but the menus didn't change. Dragging windows all over the screen is fine, but this menu is not. How do I fix this? Thank You All

242y99v.jpg

Menus are supposed to be the same for ALL styles, Classic, Standard, Bassic, or Aero.

+

You can adjust visualizations including those of menus under:

Control Panel => System => Advanced => Performance Settings => Visual Effects Tab.

systemAdvanced.jpg
Link Removed - Invalid URL

I am not sure, reading your post, exactly what it is you are rquesting. But, if you want to change the general appearance (I think you have the "classic" theme?) yhen try one of the other Aero themes, or try changing the background.

cybercore, I believe if you check adjust for best performance, you are stuck with the Windows Basic theme.

cybercore, I believe if you check adjust for best performance, you are stuck with the Windows Basic theme.

Absolutely correct if you empty all of those check boxes, but I didn't say one had to. :) It allows to add or remove shadows from menus, some other effects as well. I am not going to describe each option now, no need I believe.

Menus are supposed to be the same for ALL styles, Classic, Standard, Bassic, or Aero.

+

You can adjust visualizations including those of menus under:

Control Panel => System => Advanced => Performance Settings => Visual Effects Tab.

systemAdvanced.jpg
Link Removed - Invalid URL
I got my options to look like same as in this shot.

Last edited:
That's the reason you're stuck in Windows Basic mode.You can't uncheck them all, or that' what happens.

You can try disabling a few of them, the see if you can switch to Aero

A Down loadable Aero Manual

If you open the documents from Microsoft, hit the "Save" button and download it to your computer.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back