Windows 7 Messenger sound does not work!

W355537

Hi,

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer.
Everything works... everyhting but the sound of Windows Live Messenger. The whole doesn't make any sounds, I've tried everything, looked up every sound-managing thing in the system, but nothing solves the problem.
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
Best regards, W355537

Ps.: Yes, I have installed every driver necessary! So that isn't the problem.

Last edited:
Ok... let me verify that you are trying to get a jingle jangle when you get a message?
You do have normal sound working?

If so.. then you need to verify the wav file that the messenger is calling is there in the location it's looking

I'm not sure but maybe you can customize and pick your own wav file to find out if it does work when it finds the wav file.

Yes, I don't get the jingle jangle thing when I receive a message.
And yes, all the other sound things (such as iTunes, Firefox, the whole system) do work pefectly.

The sound files in the folder messengers calls to are in the correct place (these are WMA files)
I tested a different WAV file to test messenger. It connected to the file, but still.. there was no sound when someone send a message to me. So the problem must be somewhere in messenger itself.

I re-installed Windows Live Messenger, just to see if it would work. But even this has no effect... :(

Help? Someone?

Yes, I don't get the jingle jangle thing when I receive a message.
And yes, all the other sound things (such as iTunes, Firefox, the whole system) do work pefectly.

The sound files in the folder messengers calls to are in the correct place (these are WMA files)
I tested a different WAV file to test messenger. It connected to the file, but still.. there was no sound when someone send a message to me. So the problem must be somewhere in messenger itself.

I re-installed Windows Live Messenger, just to see if it would work. But even this has no effect... :(

Help? Someone?

So when you go to audio setup and click to test .. you get nothing there? You have made sure it's not disabled.... correct sound device is showing?? I just dont' believe messenger has a problem... it must be in the settings .. make sure it's using the same settings as when you check your sound card under device manager.

Back
Top Bottom