Windows 7 Microphone Delay with Windows 7

joan.ferreira

Hi Everyone,

I use my computer to do Karaoke and after I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 the microphone has about a half a second delay on what I speak. I have a Dell Laptopn Inspiron 1501.

I have tried using like three different drivers for the sound card: the Micosoft HDA, the SigmaTel drivers for Vista as well as the newest RealTek drivers for the same.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks

Hi... try refreshing your computer's Windows Experience Index . After clicking on the "Re-run Assessment " link, you will be informed of your key system components rate. i had sound delay when i got a 1.0 base score coz windows informed me i should install a higher version video card. i have a 2.5 base score now and i don't have any sound delay anymore. btw, i also am using Vista_Win7_R246 for audio. i can play my guitar through the computer without any delay now... hope this helps!

I do not really know what might be going on, but left click on the speaker icon in the system tray. Select playback devices, right click on the window and enable Show Disabled Devices.

Hopefully , this will allow a device that will stop the delay, but if it does not, you might look for some type of legacy drivers for your sound device.

This is just a guess since I have not experienced your situation.

Back