Torwuuw

I just purchased a new I buy power pc with windows 10 already installed. I downloaded discord and went to talk through the headset I just bought which is an A10 ASTRO legend of Zelda breath of the wild edition headset. The mic wasn’t working but I could hear my friend just fine. I went through the sound settings, downloading the new realtek software, recording settings and back computer pink plugs. My computer comes with separate plugs on the top for the microphone and headset speakers. I have a splitter that came with the headset that I use. I tried plugging it into the back put I get a very loud buzzing/screaming sound which is very alarming. PLEASE HELP! I have watched many videos and been on many websites! I just need a solution. I have also updated all my software.

Right click on the speaker icon and select Sound. Then under the Recording tab do you have the correct "Default Device" selected?

The buzzing sound is feedback and that is probably not a mic port. Besides making sure you have things plugged in correctly. From a google search it looks like that headset also has a mute switch.

The buzzing sound is feedback and that is probably not a mic port. Besides making sure you have things plugged in correctly. From a google search it looks like that headset also has a mute switch.
I got it to work sort of, my voice comes through very low but my friend can hear me now.

Back under the Recording tab right click the mic and go to properties. Under the Level tab increase the Microphone boost level.

Check in Control Panel for a audio control panel (name will usually be based on your sound card) there may be additional controls there as well.

I’ve looked there. All I saw was Realtek Audio Manager but I’ve already been though all of those settings and updated everything.

Mic issues 99% of the time be one of the following
  • A hardware issue (defect) Troubleshooting (test headset on another computer)
  • A hardware physical setting (switch or button in wrong position)
  • Configuration issue with in Windows (Sound Control Panel)
  • Configuration issue with sound card vendor specific configuration (often another Control Panel application)
  • Corrupt or buggy driver
  • Driver level configuration (via device manager)
For the configuration troubleshooting when in doubt consult vendor documentation (troubleshooting section)

Thank you for trying to help me. I have been through everything it could possibly be. I’ve done the troubleshoot for it and it says there’s nothing and it’s running fine but it’s not. Is working barely enough but I believe that the best I’m going to get until I can maybe get someone to come out and look at it

Did you manage to solve the problem with the microphone? Not so long ago, I ran into a similar problem. I bought a brand new ASMR mic for my videos. Although I bought it brand new from the store, it did not work. I had several attempts to fix the situation, but nothing helped. Now I'm looking for a new ASMR microphone. What caught my attention the most was the blue yeti asmr microphone. I even studied an extensive review of this microphone and read reviews, and this microphone seemed a great option. I wonder if someone bought such an ASMR microphone, and how does it work? I don't want to throw money down the drain again and buy a bad microphone.

Last edited:
Back