Windows 7 microphone settings

chances

what are the proper microphone settings ?

i've been messing around with this for a few days

i have a sound blaster audigy and a logitech headset

i've got the line in turned up all the way but it still doesnt work

what are the proper microphone settings ?

i've been messing around with this for a few days

i have a sound blaster audigy and a logitech headset

i've got the line in turned up all the way but it still doesnt work

Before start testing your Headset you must make sure the following are properly done:

1. Your Sound card is properly seated in the PCI slot and the Drivers installed as per the Manufacturer's instruction. If your Windows 7 installation is second OS or replacing another OS, in anotherwise normally working computer that had sound, the Sound card installtion may not be an issue; only driver installation is the problem. However, in some cases you may have to physically remove the Sound card from the PCI slot , Install the driver first and then shut down the PC, remove cables, insert the card in the PCI slot, verify it is seated well, recable the PC , Power On and reboot and follow the Found New Device Wizard to complete the driver installation if that is what the Card manufacturer has suggested for the particular make and model of your sound card [ Creative has many models of Sound Blaster Audigy and your SPEC does not indicate what you have].
  2. Next Right click Computer>Properties >Device Manager to verify there are no error symbols anywhere and specifically scroll down to Sound Video and game controllers cluster and click and expand to make sure the Creative Soundblaster Audigy is listed and on Right-clicking that and clicking Properties check under Device Status to confirm "This device is working properly"
  3. Next connect your Logitech Headset with 3.5 mm TRS connectors ( aka Audio jacks)[ if you have that type of Logitech headset] to the Sound ports of the sound card at the back of your Computer case. Since the Sound cards ports are usually color coded and hopefully your Logitech headset correspond to the same color coding ( in the plastic part or as colored rings at the base of the pins) choice of pin to the port may be easy. If there are no color coding, there could be Microphone and Headphone symbols on the plastic parts of the 3.5mm jacks. MIC goes to the RED or PINK port and the headphone or "speaker" jack goes to the GREEN or lemon green port. The blue or light blue port is for audio in put devices like sound board or audio mixer. If you have USB headset disreagrad the audo card after it is properly installed and look for a USB -2 port for the headset's USB connector and wait and watch the Notification area for detection and installation and "your USB device is ready for use" messages.
  4. Test your headset using Control Panel >Hardware and sound>Sound> Recording tab. Select your Logitech Headset > Configure and start performing any or all of the tests you want from the Speech Recognition Experience window ; you may click Sounds tab and in the next popup, scroll down to Program events and click and select any wav sounds with a megaphone icon and click Test and listen .
If this not what you expected in your answer post details and clarify your question :)

thanks for the quick reply!

yeah it was working on xp before i installed W7 so i think its the drivers, however i can't find anything better, i saw the unofficial soundblaster drivers for W7 but it didnt say anything about making the microphone work?

i took some screens of my settings maybe you can see whats wrong better this way

says its working here
working.png

then the settings

settings.png

more settings

settings1.png

you can see the top is just another microphone thats unavailable

i tried to get that and the one on the bottom so you could see them all

URL]

Last edited:
thanks for the quick reply!

yeah it was working on xp before i installed W7 so i think its the drivers, however i can't find anything better, i saw the unofficial soundblaster drivers for W7 but it didnt say anything about making the microphone work?

i took some screens of my settings maybe you can see whats wrong better this way

says its working here
working.png

then the settings

settings.png

more settings

settings1.png

you can see the top is just another microphone thats unavailable

i tried to get that and the one on the bottom so you could see them all

URL]

If the DM is showing after you used the drivers from Creative, I must say the updated driver is OK and it is corroborated by Windows Control Panel > Sound Properies. showing those audio devices but no hardware connected.
Are you sure this Headset is NOT damaged? Did you test it after this problem was seen in Windows XP or any other OS? If it cannot be done do a diagnosis of exclusion by:

• Connect an external speaker to the Green port of your Sound Card
  • Test Sound replay
    • clicking the Sounds tab in the Control Panel >Sound Properties
    • Playing windows Wav files already loaded
      • Scroll down to Program events.
      • Locate and click on any wave file with a speaker icon
      • Click the Test button
      • Listen to sound from speakers
      • If you can hear from speaker the sound, Sound card, its installed drivers and Windows 7 are all healthy.
        • Final diagnosis: Dead Headset.:-( Confirmation try on a computer known to have sound at present)
TRS type of headset Mics have shorter life than USB types in my experience.

yeah I'm NOT positive its not damaged and i dont have any other computers to test it on

edit

Untitled-2.png

you say it should be the blue one right

Last edited:
I have also the same problem... and tried many changes in options of sound, but i KNOW that microphone is working - on my sister's comp is working good.

i found!
you have to open "actualisation of drivers" (do not know is it good translation info english) and then actualise sound drivers, after restart everything was OK :)

Back
Top Bottom