Windows 7 Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition SP2 Fatal Error

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Hello,
Firstly, I'll tell you what I've tried:
-Run without SP1 or 2 - No success
-Run in compatibility mode and as admin - no success
-Reinstalled numerous times.

The game will freeze for 5-10 seconds before saying "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Has encountered a fatal error, windows is checking for a blah blah blah, FSX is restarting." I've figured out it is a problem when navigating context menus, other people also have the problem and it only seems to occur in Windows 7. It's possibly related to incompatibilities with DirectX 10/11.

Here's the error that is written to the event log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61472.0, time stamp: 0x475e17d3
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb1d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000e52a
Faulting process id: 0x78c
Faulting application start time: 0x01caaf6356f19072
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: f6b3bfb0-1b62-11df-9a60-001f16c664b7

I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Does anyone else have the problem? A solution would be greeeeaaaattttlllllyyy appreciated

PS. My FSX online name is MitchellATC, when the game crashes and restarts, if I join the same server again, I will still be there from before the game crashed, and the new "me" will be MitchellATC_0
Strange, annoying.:mad:

Microsoft helped me with the same problem using it in Vista.... except it was a standard edition.... It has something to do with your packages for Visual Studio 2005 C++ redistributable.... they had some fix I installed and it took care of it then..... now I have the same issue and may call the support team again. Those guys in India know their stuff.

Hey, welcome to the forums, and thanks for the post, I'll check out their support options,
Just figured that wouldn't much for me as their customer support is more useless than my ISP's.

Hey,

Have the same issue with FSX Deluxe version on Windows 7 ultimate 64 version. Can't find the reason. Tried all setting. Sometimes, I don't have te error at all during all my flight... strange...

Back
Top Bottom