Windows 7 Microsoft.net framework unhandled exception....Alienware M18 r2

Mcoupe

Hey guys, I would please like some help...i am starting to get a little worried.

The other night when i went to startup my laptop, i get a pop up that says....

Microsoft.net framework unhandled exception has occured in your app. If you click continue the app will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit the app will close immediately. An app was attempted on something that is not a.....

I have searched this error for hours, and it seems people have different solutions.

Some symptoms...

Right now i have to force close remaining programs to turn off my laptop.
Steam will only work in Offline mode, and same with Origin, even though i have internet access....?
Google Chrome doesn't work at all, it says error finding server
DropBox does not upload my photos from my phone...

Some things i have tried....

Tried turing on and off Microsoft.Net framework 3.5.1
Tried to repair Microsoft.Net Framework 4 (client profile and extened)

Did msconfig.exe and turned off everything at startup. Message went away. So i then tried each program 1 by 1 until the message came back , it was...
Required Application Launcher......?

The command info for the RALauncher was ACCstartuporchestrator.exe...

I am not sure if this has ANYTHING to do with my problem, just thought i would share some details.

I have no idea if my problem is in ms.net framework 3.5.1 or in 4...?

I am really an amature when i comes to computers, but I am willing to try and learn. So i would REALLY appreciate if anyone could help and maybe over explain the steps.

The Laptop is an Alienware M18 r2
windows 7 Home P 64 bit
I7 3720

Thanks so much for ANY help the forum can pass along. Right now my baby is :confused:

-Jason

1. Are you sure it said ACCstartuporchestrator.exe and not AWCCstartuporchestrator.exe?

This is coming from the Alienware Command Center. Fortunate for you, this forum now has certified DELL people who can help you. I will try to give some suggestions but a DELL agent can much better help.

The right solution is not using the drivers provided by dell with your service tag. Use the ones displayed when searching by model on the DELL site. Link Removed - Invalid URL Also, for the Command Center to work, you need .net framework 4. Another recommendation is to fully update the DELL drivers and win7 (Windows update) BEFORE installing the Command Center.

So with the above said, UN-install the Alienware Command Center, Update your Windows drivers and DELL drivers and then install the Alienware Command Center and see if that helped.

Sorces:
Alienware Command Center Errors

Zvit....

Thank you so much for your response.

Do you think it could be some sort of malware, and maybe hijacked some of the .Net framework?

Could i possibly try and "roll back" to a restore point?

Possibly use my alienware Respawn and go back to a "first day" out of the box state?

Clean install of the OS...?

Thanks so much for any help

Of course rolling back would help if you can remember when you installed the Alienware Command Center and if Windows will have restore point for that day and if the restore point will restore successfully. If not, just try what I wrote: UN-install the Alienware Command Center, Update your Windows drivers and DELL drivers and then install the Alienware Command Center and see if that helped.

Clean install of the OS would definitely help but if the above will help, that would be much faster so try it first.

Thank you Zvit!

Will try your 1st recomendation first.

Thanks so much for the help.

Back
Top Bottom